- This event has passed.
Afternoon Tours 2 – 5 pm
Price: $40 adult; $30 student
901 7th Ave N
Built by lawyer John Shelby Topp, the house originally was a Federal structure of two rooms over two with a central stair hall. The transom and sidelights around the double front doors upstairs and down could be removed easily to facilitate air circulation. Planter James Sykes bought the house in 1854, enlarged it, and added the Greek Revival portico with two fluted octagonal columns. The tour features a Civil War diary and a Brilliant Period Cut Glass collection of distinction. The home was lovingly restored in the 1980s by the late Allen Wayne Bryan and updated in 2020 by his wife Betty.
Home of Mrs. Betty S. Bryan
922 7th St N
A generous two-story front porch welcomes visitors to this unchanged Colonial Revival structure, a 20th century presentation of a favorite American architectural style, dominant from 1890 until 1940. This hilltop home, parsonage for the First Methodist Church for nearly four decades, presents an interesting example of adaptable 18th century American design. With an interior enhanced by a collection of 19th century art and French-inspired antiques, it became the aerie of the late Dr. Jack Hammond White and his wife Emilie.
Home of Mrs. Emilie Cunningham White
Sunset – BONUS
624 1st St S
The original 1906 house, built by the Smith family, was quite small. Later, it was used as a physician’s office and home. Additions and renovations in the 1920s, 1950s, and 2000 added and later enhanced the Colonial Revival architectural style. The charm of this house is enhanced by the fact that it is one of only three houses in the city that sit on the bluff of the Tombigbee River. Owners Fred Kinder and Ralph Null are renowned for their advocacy of the arts, tireless work to promote Columbus, and love of travel. The home contains eclectic collections, including one with thousands of Santa Claus figures.
The home of Fred Kinder and Ralph Null